Thursday, February 21, 2013

8 month update/my labor & delivery story.

Blake Cole; 

It's so hard to believe that our baby boy is already 8 months old! In 4 short months he's going to be a year old. I still remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. Since I am starting fresh with a new blog, I'll go ahead and add my labor & delivery story in this post.

I stayed with my mom towards the end of my pregnancy because I wanted to deliver in Breese where I was born. Rob had came down for the weekend and I was determined to get Blake out! He was already on his way back to Mt. Vernon when I started having contractions at my mom's. My mom hopped in the shower and I straightened my hair (hey, i'm a girl :) and we were on our way to Breese. I got ahold of Rob and had him head back this way. By the time he got there I already my IV and epidural hooked up.


I got there around 9PM and wasn't 10 CM until 10AM the next morning. At 2:40PM Blake finally made his arrival! They had to turn my epidural off when I pushed him out, and the only thing that hurt was a cramp that wouldn't go away! Also the fact that I pushed so hard for hours made me over exaughsted and I broke down. I felt like I couldn't do it anymore, but I did it. He finally arrived after 9 LONG months!






Now he's 8 months old!





At 8 months, Blake:
  • Can "scoot" across the floor. He can get on his hands and knees but usually face plants when he tries to take off. So I guess he's taking the easier route for now.
  • He eats baby food twice a day, and drinks juice. 
  • I finally have him on a schedule, and it took him 7 months, but he officially sleeps all night! (yay)
  • He loves electronics! The laptop, cellphone, remote. 
  • He has so much hair that I don't know what to do with it! But I don't plan on cutting it anytime soon.
  • He can sit up great.
  • He babbles a lot more.
  • He can say 'mama' and 'dada'.

No comments:

Post a Comment